CHANGES TO JOBKEEPER FROM 28 SEPTEMBER 2020
We confirm that the Government has extended the JobKeeper Payments by a further 6 months to March 2021. Please note the following changes:
Changes to Employee Eligibility
Employees that meet the eligibility requirements can now be nominated by a new employer if their original employment with a JobKeeper employer ended before 1 July 2020.
Extension of JobKeeper Payments
These changes take effect from 28 September 2020
- The required fall in GST turnover percentages remain the same
- 30% for an aggregated turnover of $1 billion or less
- 50% for an aggregated turnover of more than $1 billion
- 15% for ACNC-registered charities other than universities and schools
- There is now a tier 1 and tier 2 Jobkeeper rate
- Tier 1 rate applies for:
- Eligible employees who worked for 80 hours or more in the four weeks of pay periods before either 1 March 2020 or 1 July 2020, and
- Eligible business participants who were actively engaged in the business for 80 hours or more in February 2020.
- Tier 2 rate applies for other eligible employees and business participants
Employers and businesses will need to nominate the rate they are claiming for the eligible employees and/or eligible business participants
Please contact our office on 07 5585 0600 if you require any assistance.