Following the devastating floods in South East Queensland between 22 February and 7 March 2022, small businesses in the eligible defined areas listed below who were directly impacted, may now apply for Extraordinary Disaster Assistance Recovery Grants of up to $50,000.
Applications close 5 September 2022.
The maximum total grant amount is $50,000 and is available through two separate applications, where eligibility criteria applies:
- An initial amount of up to $15,000 is available to support an initial claim with evidence of the direct damage including:
- tax invoices
- official receipts.
- A subsequent amount of up to $35,000 is available to support subsequent applications for which full evidence of payment is required.
Eligible clean-up, reinstatement activities and emergency measures include:
- Equipment and materials to undertake clean-up
- Additional labour costs (above and beyond normal wage expenditure i.e. day-to-day staffing)
- Disposing of damaged goods and stock, including associated costs
- Repairs to buildings (other than housing)
- Purchase or hire/ lease costs for equipment essential to the immediate resumption of the business
- Payment for tradespeople to conduct safety inspections
- Essential repairs to premises and internal fittings that is not covered by insurance
- Replacement of lost or damaged stock if the replacement is essential for immediately resuming operations
- Leasing temporary premises for the purpose of resuming operation.
An applicant is not eligible for assistance under the scheme:
- for repairs to a building the applicant lets to a person for residential or commercial purposes, unless the applicant lets the property in the course of operating a business (superannuation funds and personal investment vehicles are not regarded as businesses); or
- if the small business is entitled to receive an amount under a policy of insurance for the relevant costs claimed; or
- for loss of income as a result of the eligible disaster.
Defined disaster areas: to be eligible for assistance your business must be located in one of the following areas:
- Brisbane City Council
- Fraser Coast Regional Council
- Gladstone Regional Council
- Gold Coast City Council
- Goondiwindi Regional Council
- Gympie Regional Council
- Ipswich City Council
- Lockyer Valley Regional Council
- Logan City Council
- Moreton Bay Regional Council
- Noosa Shire Council
- North Burnett Regional Council
- Redland City Council
- Scenic Rim Regional Council
- Somerset Regional Council
- South Burnett Regional Council
- Southern Downs Regional Council
- Sunshine Coast Regional Council
- Toowoomba Regional Council